Monday 31 January 2011

Monthly Make

It took me a while to get going but I'm really happy to be following Annie's Monthly Make group.  I have made some fabric coasters as my current ones, made a while ago, are beginning to look a little worse for wear.  I love making them, they are quick and easy and are a great use for scraps.

This is my favourite one.  The middle is a teeny tiny cross-stitch which was part of a serviette given to me by my lovely mother-in-law, Simone.  I think it was stitched by one of her aunts.  The serviette was so badly stained and unusable but I really wanted to rescue the gorgeous stitching.  The blue floral fabric came from a skip in North London and the stripes are an old, stained, Habitat dishcloth.

 Antique French toile de jouy, a Japanese motif fabric and an old pillowcase.


 

Have a great creative week. :)


2 comments: